List:       linux-megaraid-devel
Subject:    RE: I have modified the megaraid driver v2.00.5 from kernel 2.6 t
From:       "Tomita, Haruo" <haruo.tomita () toshiba ! co ! jp>
Date:       2003-07-25 4:39:39

Hi Matthew,

Haruo> Please explain in detail to a slight degree.
Haruo> Although it corresponds to PCI2001 by 2.6,
Haruo> is it having stopped corresponding with my patch?

Matthew> No, not at all.  I'm criticising the original code here, not
Matthew> your patch.In my opinion, we should simply delete these lines:

OK, I will leave an original code.

Haruo> I think it priority to make it operate by 2.4.
Matthew> Is the driver in 2.4 not functional for you?

No, I should also operate the driver of v2.00.x by the kernel 2.4.

Matthew> In 2.5, it is finally possible to write a scsi driver that can cope
with
Matthew> the pci card being hotplugged.  The changes are actually not too
hard, but
Matthew> they do have some consequences we have to accept.
Matthew> For example, converting the sym8xx driver to this means the
controllers will
Matthew> be detected in a different order.  This is going to suck for some
people,
Matthew> but it's really unavoidable.  It doesn't look like megaraid would
have
Matthew> the same problem, though this comment scared me:
Matthew> but there's no code associated with it, so it doesn't matter.

Thank you for intelligible description. I understood in general.

Thanks!!
Haruo