List:       linux-megaraid-devel
Subject:    Re: Linux-megaraid-devel digest, Vol 2 #117 - 6 msgs
From:       Álvaro Palma <apalma () custodium ! com>
Date:       2003-07-11 13:34:41

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:48:40 +0200
> From: Peter Huesser <peter.huesser@psi.ch>
> To: linux-megaraid-devel@dell.com
> Subject: Dellmgr (or megaraid) problem with new redhat 7.3 kernel
>
> Hello
>
> We had to upgrade our redhat 7.3 systems to a newer kernel.
> Unfortunatelly now dellmgr does not work anymore. I allways get the
> error message "Tailed to Know Fw type". Before the upgrade we had the
> following versions:
>
> kernel: 2.4.18-3
> megaraid: 1.18a
> dellmgr: 5.25
>
> Now we have
>
> kernel: 2.4.20-18.7
> megaraid: 1.18f
> dellmgr: 5.25

Excuse me but, how could you determine the version of megaraid driver in the
precompiled kernel from RedHat? A "modinfo megaraid" doesn´t tell very much
about it. Did you download the sources and search there?

I'm in a similar situation than you. I got a PowerEdge 1400SC, with a PERC3-DCL
adapter, and hdparm returns a very low transfer ratio for Ultra160 disk in RAID
1, so I'm trying to test a more recent version of megaraid driver, but I
actually don´t know what is the version included in the latest precompiled
kernel released from RedHat. I'm running RedHat 7.2, kernel 2.4.20-18.7.

--
Atte.
Álvaro Palma