List:       linux-megaraid-devel
Subject:    Re: RHAS2.1 PERC3/DC drivers
From:       "Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm () redhat ! com>
Date:       2003-02-25 15:42:03

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 10:15:05AM -0500, Jackie Meese wrote:
> Why they renamed it from the megaraid2, I have no idea, but it is there.

It's to keep specific versions so that when yet another megaraid2
comes out with significant changes as well as bug fixes, we don't
end up having to inflict version skew, and it's much clearer
exactly which version was shipped.  You'll see that this is true
for many of the "addons" drivers added in that update.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/