List:       linux-megaraid-devel
Subject:    system hangs when copy  , DELL pe6450 + perc 2/dc(elite 1500)  +
From:       "JIM" <xyy () baidu ! com>
Date:       2001-07-05 20:53:01

                Hi all ,
                         my trouble is an  DELL 6450 always  hangs  when copy  mass \
                data  (about 8G~10G) between  raid driver ,
                 the 6450 have two PERC 2/DC raid card , one  with  link to  DELL  \
                powervalt 200s ,the other link the 4 system internal
                 scsi disk  ,each powervalt contains 8 segate scsi disk (72G) ,with \
RAID 5 ,SO

               DATA :
                           Dell Poweredge  6450   (   Xeon  x 4;  6G mem )
                           Two perc 2 /dc raid card
                           internal  raid disk  ( 100G raid5, 36Gx4  )
                           external raid disk  ( two    Powervualt 200s ;  each \
contains eight  72G scsi disk ,raid 5  ,490G )  OS Version   :  RH 7.1
                           megaraid driver version :  1.14g ,1.15

                           my question is :
                           (1) How can I  get ride of such trouble ?
                           (2) Are there anyboby knows the bug in megaraid card  \
                contains  huge data  .(about 500G)
                           (3) Can I use old megaraid driver ,such as version 107  in \
kernel 2.2.17 .it seem works fine in our a  pe2450 with a Perc 2/DC  .

                  thank you !
                                                               sa@baidu.com