List:       linux-man
Subject:    strtod(3) manual page not clear on error handling when endptr is null
From:       Ed Avis <eda () waniasset ! com>
Date:       2016-04-28 16:31:45

strtod(3) says:

> If no conversion is performed, zero is returned and the value of nptr is stored in \
> the location referenced by endptr.

This surely can't be the case if endptr is null.  I believe that the behaviour is \
more like

--
Ed Avis <eda@waniasset.com>

This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain \
confidential information. Any retransmission, copying, disclosure or other use of, \
this information by persons other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you \
received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material. This \
email is for information only and is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the \
purchase or sale of any financial instrument. Wadhwani Asset Management LLP is a \
Limited Liability Partnership registered in England (OC303168) with registered office \
at 40 Berkeley Square, 3rd Floor, London, W1J 5AL. It is authorised and regulated by \
                the Financial Conduct Authority.