List:       linux-man
Subject:    Re: [patch], iso_8859-*.7: Explanation of SOFT HYPHEN and the code for it
From:       Bjarni Ingi Gislason <bjarniig () rhi ! hi ! is>
Date:       2012-07-10 23:46:14

On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 08:01:04AM +0200, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM, Bjarni Ingi Gislason
> <bjarniig@rhi.hi.is> wrote:
[removed text]

> Any further update to that last sentence of yours? Is man-pages able
> to use that patch you sent?

  I have done nothing in this case, and I suppose that will wait
until autumn or winter.

  A better solution is to simplify the footnote:

  See groff_char(7) (soft hyphen) and the standard ISO 8859-1 (shy)
or the equivalent version from your national standardization body.

--
Bjarni I. Gislason