List:       linux-mac68k
Subject:    Re: [linux-mac68k] Re: Debian install, Quadra SCSI
From:       "David D. Kilzer" <ddkilzer () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1998-08-24 4:26:24

Hi Ricardo,

>On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, David D. Kilzer wrote:
>>
>> I don't suppose anyone tried my ADB shutdown/poweroff kernel, did they?
>>
>>   ftp://baltimore.wwaves.com/pub/MacLinux/vmlinux-2.1.105-980809-test.gz
>>
>> Dave
>>
>I tried it out on my IIci with a 33Mhz 040 DayStar.
>This is what I got with a shutdown -h
>
>In sys_reboot before SYS_POWER_OFF notifier_call_chain
>In sys_reboot after SYS_POWER_OFF notifier_call_chain
>Power down.
>In machine_power_off()
>  Calling mach_power_off()
>It is now safe to switch off your machine.
>ADB powerdown request sent.

Wow!  On my Quadra 660av, the notifier_call_chain command never returns, so
a shutdown -h doesn't get this far on my machine.  I thought I did
something wrong when modifying the machine_power_off() stuff.  Guess
not...need to track down why notifier_call_chain is hanging on my Mac.

>This is what I got with a shutdown -r
>
>Rebooting... Restarting system.
>In machine_reset()
>  Calling mach_reset()
>D'OH! The system should have restarted.
>Time for the three-finger salute!

Well, the IIci is using MAC_ADB_II.  I'll apply the code from the 2.0.33pl1
diff that Michael recently uploaded for MAC_ADB_II, and use the new
reset/power-off code for MAC_ADB_IISI and MAC_ADB_CUDA (unless the
IIsi-style ADB doesn't work with this either--anyone with IIsi-style ADB
test this kernel?).

Dave