List:       linux-mac68k
Subject:    Re: [linux-mac68k] RE: FTP/telnet seg fault (fwd)
From:       Ryan Kirkpatrick <rkirkpat () nag ! cs ! colorado ! edu>
Date:       1998-08-17 13:41:51

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Rick Cook wrote:

> I am the person with the LCIII Asante Card. Sticking it into the IIci
> would be a problem since it is a PDS card (it just uses the same MacOS
> driver as the Nubus version). The PDS looks like Nubus Slot E from a
> programming perspective. I actually live near Dallas, TX (and was near
> Longview all week - though I was computerless).

	Oh, I though a PDS card was a model Asante Cards, not a type of
Mac cards in general. Yea, then it would not work in my IIci, and also
probably the reason it does work with Linux, as it is being accessed in a
different way, or found in a different, more cogenial place. :)
	As for Texas, I am not there yet, I am still in Colorado. I leave
for school (in Longview, TX) in about a week. Though I think at the
moment, as your card would not fit my machine, and I have found a working
card, the point is rather academic. Thanks anyhow. :)

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |