List:       linux-m68k
Subject:    Re: Macintosh booloader - EMILE
From:       Kolbjørn_Barmen <linux-m68k () kolla ! no>
Date:       2009-01-08 0:13:15

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Laurent Vivier wrote:

> > aranym emile # make
> > Makefile:9: tools.mk: No such file or directory
> > sh scripts/tools.sh > tools.mk
> > Cannot find powerpc cross-compiler
> > make -C docs all
> > Missing tools to generate emile.conf.5 from emile.conf.sgml
> > make[1]: *** [emile.conf.5] Error 1
> > make: *** [docs] Error 2
> > aranym emile #
> > Huh? It requires toolchain for PowerPC? What's going on?
>
> Not required, but one day I tried to boot Linux on powermac to replace bootx.

That's what I figured after looking at it more closely after I prematurely
sent the first mail.

> > I just want to build it on m68k :)
>
> You just need to install docbook-to-man

Yes, I realised that. I cant really have been quite awake when I sent the
first mail. Anyways, emile seems to build fine on my aranym now, so
tomorrow I will hopefully be able to test a self-buildt floppy on my
quadra. :)

I currently have two 2GB SCSI disks, one with original MacOS on, and
one external with a tiny MacOS partition and the rest with linux, I never
got the mac to boot properly from this tiny MacOS partition, so I will now
try to repartition the disk with only Linux partitions, and initially use
an emile floppy to boot from, to test. If it works well, I replace the
internal 2GB "MacOS" disk with the Linux disk, and continue to use emile
from floppy, or perhaps install it on the disk if I feel brave...

(And hopefully I will also have a SCSI-SATA-adapter soon, and let new,
high capasity and _quiet_ 2.5" SATA drives (or even SSD) replace those old
noisy tiny SCSI drives)

Anyways, thanks a bunch for emile! :)

-- kolla