List:       linux-lvm
Subject:    [linux-lvm] Delayed startup
From:       Sam Lunt <samueljlunt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-10-03 12:04:27

Hello,

I recently removed a cache pool LV (but kept the linked origin LV).
Since doing that, I've been seeing delays at startup due to pvscan.
For each physical device, I'm seeing a warning:

pvscan[431] WARNING: lvmetad is being updated, retrying (setup) for 10
more seconds.

It seems like this is an issue with some traces of the cache LV still
persisting, but I'm not sure. Is there a way I can fix this?

I'm running Arch Linux, kernel 5.3.1, lvm 2.02.186-2

Thanks,
Sam