List:       linux-lvm
Subject:    [linux-lvm] LV striping
From:       Liviu Dan <nliviudan () yahoo ! ca>
Date:       2007-04-16 18:03:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I hope this is the right way to post a message for the group.

  I have 2 RAID 5 arrays each with 9 HDs (3ware 9550SX controllers).  I have created \
a volume group and a LV to perform some write tests.  I am currently able to write on \
the LV at approx 113MB/sec.  I was hoping for something in the range of 400MB/sec \
considering the worse case scenario of a hard drive writing at 29MB/sec.  The most \
confusing part for me is that I get the 113MB/sec when I create the LV with one \
stripe and I only get aprox. 60MB.sec when I create the LV with 2 stripes.  From what \
I've been reading on the net, the LV should perform better when the number of stripes \
is equal with the number of physical volumes (2 in my case).  Has anyone encountered \
similar issues?
  I would appreciate any suggestions/answers.

All new Yahoo! Mail