List:       linux-lotus
Subject:    Re: Lotus to port SmartSuite and Notes/Domino to Linux
From:       "Kendall P. Bullen" <kendall () his ! com>
Date:       1998-11-04 0:28:40

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998 Fred_deBros@etherdome.mgh.harvard.edu wrote:

*Re that U-Turn, did I get it right? Porting AND open-sourcing? Or just
*porting? I wont believe it until I see it.

Er, yeah.  They might go 'free' but I wouldn't believe it if anyone told
me or quoted me a news source stating that a big company like Lotus would
give their source code away.  Now, Corel is giving away the personal
edition of WP for Linux for free (not open source), so that I could see
from Lotus, tho' of course I'll be amazed when I can download SmartSuite
for free.  ;-)  (I'm sure they won't give away the Domino server. ;)

*Linux over NT

What would that be?  Linux over NT, as in, Linux running under NT?  Ugh!
Just curious. . . .

Kendall