List:       linux-laptop
Subject:    Re: [linux-laptop] Lucent Modem
From:       linux-laptop-admin () mobilix ! org
Date:       2000-12-26 14:23:55

/*  ---------------------------------------------
 http://Xtops.DE/ Laptops with Linux (Germany)
 ----------------------------------- adv. ---- */

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000 linux-laptop-admin@mobilix.org wrote:

> Hello !!!
>
> I have a Toshiba sattelite 2140 cds with a lucent modem. I don't know configure it. \
> If anybody know please, help me !!!
> My os is Red Hat 7 with kernel 2.2.17-14cl

Check out linmodems.org.  You can find plenty of information on how to get
the binary-only lucent driver working there.  You'll have to modify your
PPP modules to get the driver to work with older kernels than 2.2.14, but
it's fairly easy to do and well documented on
http://www.heby.de/computer/ltmodem.