List:       linux-laptop
Subject:    [linux-laptop] AX88190 Chipset incompatibility
From:       linux-laptop () mobilix ! org (linux-laptop () mobilix ! org)
Date:       2000-12-20 8:09:22

Hi to all, I now reported this message with pcnet_cs driver:
(card Soho FP16 Fast Ethernet 10/100M)

pcnet_cs: sorry, the AX88190 chipset is not supported.
pcnet_cs: unable to read hardware net address for io base 0x300

After this, I've manually specified the HW address to pcnet_cs and the card
now can access to the net.

But, look in deep, it doesn't works fine.

Every time that a packet is sent, the /var/log/messages tell me errors like:

kernel: eth0: interrupt(s) dropped!
kernel: eth0: Reentering the interrupt handler! isr=0x0 imr=0x0.

In effect, previous that cardmgr identify the card with the message:
kernel: eth0: NE2000 Compatible:io 0x300, irq 3, hw_addr ......

it continue to tell:
pcnet_cs: sorry, the AX88190 chipset is not supported.

What can I do?
are there works in progress about this problem?
are there an estimated time of resolution of the problem?

Best Regards,
  --Carlo

  Carlo Manuali - Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -

  Centro d'Ateneo per i Servizi Informatici (CASI)
  University of Perugia
  via G. Duranti 1/A S. Lucia Canetola 06123 Perugia (PG) Italy

  Tel:  +390755853805           WEB:  http://www.unipg.it/~carlo
  Fax:  +390755853775           ICQ:  42439846