List:       linux-laptop
Subject:    [linux-laptop] CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive
From:       Elena Besussi <e.besussi () ucl ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-12-04 17:34:13

Things are as follows:
I have intalled Mandrake9.0 on a Toshiba Satellite 2800/500. I am currently
working with a KDE environment. I don't seem to be able to access the
contents of any cdroms. I *see* the contents (which, I hope, is a sign that
I can access the Toshiba SD-R2002 24X4X4X6X EIDE DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive) but
when I try to read the files they are reported as " non existent". From
that point onward, directories disappear and finally the entire cd
disappear from my desktop (it disappear to the point that I cannot find it
even if I look for it in a shell window). The only thing I was able to do
(but not always) was to copy files on the HD in order to read them.
I am also puzzled by the fact that when I check the hardware config, the
CDROM drive appears to be connected to a SCSI.
I really don't have a clue. Do you?

Thanks

 http://Xtops.DE/ Laptops and PDAs with Linux (Germany)