List:       linux-laptop
Subject:    [linux-laptop] Looking to buy some laptops
From:       Edward Hua <eyh5 () ece ! cornell ! edu>
Date:       2002-10-30 14:59:41

Hi,

   I'm thinking about buying some laptops to do some ad-hoc network
research. I need them to run in Linux RedHat7.2 (2.4.7-10) or higher. I
called HP and got the current models they're having:

    Compaq Evo N1000C
    Compaq Evo N800C
    Compaq Evo 610C
    Compaq Evo N1015v

    Before I buy anything, I want to make sure that they are compatible
with Linux.  Has anybody
had any experience with any of these machines running Linux (especially
for Redhat7.2 or 7.3)? Plase let me know asap. Thanks in advance.

-Ed

 http://Xtops.DE/ Laptops and PDAs with Linux (Germany)