List:       linux-laptop
Subject:    [linux-laptop] Synaptics touchpad on Siemens Amilo M 7800
From:       Rainer Koschnick <arkay () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-09-28 23:51:25

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the synaptec touchpad driver 0.11.3
and so far it's working great.  The only problem I have is that I
cannot get the 3rd and 4th mouse buttons to work.

The driver seems to recognize them but they don't have any
functionality:

(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
Synaptics DeviceInit called
SynapticsCtrl called.
Synaptics DeviceOn called
(II) xfree driver for the synaptics touchpad 0.11.3
(--) Mouse1 synaptics touchpad found
(--)  Synaptics Touchpad, model: 1
(--)  Firware: 5.9
(--)  Sensor: 27
(--)  new absolute packet format
(--)  Touchpad has extended capability bits
(--)  -> four buttons
(--)  -> multifinger detection
(--)  -> palm detection
SynapticsCtrl called.

Here are the entries from my X config:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Edges" "1900 5400 1800 3900"
    Option "Finger" "25 30"
    Option "MaxTapTime" "20"
    Option "MaxTapMove" "220"
    Option "VertScrollDelta" "100"
    Option "MinSpeed" "0.02"
    Option "MaxSpeed" "0.18"
    Option "AccelFactor" "0.0010"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I tried to run the testprotokoll program and am not getting any events
from those buttons either, nor does "cat /proc/psaux" produce any
output when I press either of them (which might be normal considering
that the pad needs some kind of initialization before sending those
events?)

Any ideas?
Rainer

 http://Xtops.DE/ Laptops and PDAs with Linux (Germany)