List:       linux-laptop
Subject:    [linux-laptop] Help setting up a FIC A360 (or MACER A360)
From:       "nothing" <nothing () lostsoul ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-09-16 23:15:20

I'm trying to install Slackware 8.1 on my laptop and have gotten stuck
sorting out the sound. I was wondering if anyone else has had some luck
installing Linux on this type of Latop (sold by various other companies
under their brand).

The specs for my machine can be found here
http://pcg.fic.com.tw/A360/A360spec.htm
I've been told that the set up is very similar to some Compaq Presario, but
been looking at the guides on www.linux-on-laptops.com but can't find one
that helps *8(

The sound chip acording to my old drivers under windows was a SoundMax,
which is all I know about it. I've tried looking on google for help on
getting sound out of the chip, but seems to be hit and miss. It is also
sometimes refered to as AD1886.
I tried using the ALSA drivers but couldn't get them to compile (just one
error when compiling).

Any help anyone could give would be mouch appreciated,
Thank you
Carlos

 http://Xtops.DE/ Laptops and PDAs with Linux (Germany)