List:       linux-laptop
Subject:    [linux-laptop] Linux on epson
From:       Chinna Srikanth <sk_chinna () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-11 3:11:19

Hi,
 I hv installed linux 7.2 on epson laptop, I am
finiding some problem with the Xserver configuration.

When i was asked to select the monitor type, i
couldnot find Epson make in the list, so i selected
the unprobed choice and by default the installation
suggested 800x600 as resolution and the horiz and vert
freq as 31.5-48.5 and 50-70 respectively. After
installtion,
 Now when i start Xwindows, the entire screen is
shifted to the middle of the monitor . There is both
horizontal and vertical shift. So I am unable to see
the rest half of the screen.
 Can someone tell me what the problem is and what
needs to be done to correct the problem?

Thanks and regards
Srikanth

=====
E-mail  : srikanth.chinna@alumnus.csa.iisc.ernet.in