List:       linux-laptop
Subject:    Re: [linux-laptop] Please help with Acer TM 621LV
From:       Dave Spicer <drspicer () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2002-09-07 21:10:50

On Sat, 07 Sep 2002 15:40:35 +0200, Paul wrote:

> Also, I don't _want_ to
>know the painstaking details. I want to _use_ and _work_ with it but not make
>the OS the only reason I have a computer.

Not sure if this'll avoid all the gruesome details, but entering "linux acer
laptop" (without the quotes) at www.google.com returned a number of
useful-looking pages...

What little Linux experience I have so far is on a desktop, but FWIW the
Mandrake 9.0 betas (and now RC1) have gotten better and better at detecting and
configuring my hardware.  Another distribution I downloaded the ISO for is
Knoppix because it runs entirely off the CDROM and needs no installation.  That
might be worth a shot just to see if it works any better for you.

- Dave

 http://Xtops.DE/ Laptops and PDAs with Linux (Germany)