List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Re: glibc2.1 on Linux
From:       Ulrich Drepper <drepper () cygnus ! com>
Date:       1998-11-30 22:03:59

"HARAWAT.IN.ORACLE.COM" <HARAWAT.IN.oracle.com.ofcmail@in.oracle.com> writes:

> Does any one know the place where I can get glibc 2.1 version (or
> any other version of glibc in which async i/o is implemented) for
> Linux. I tried compiling glibc 2.0.85 on Linux 2.0.34, but it gave
> lots of compilation errors.

There never was a 2.0.85 version.  And compiling recent snapshots
should not provide any problem at all.  Get the latest version from

	ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu

And read the README, INSTALL, and FAQ file first.

You must compile glibc on a Linux 2.1.* system (preferrable the latest
version).  Otherwise you will of course not get any AIO.

-