List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    kernel 2.0.36-pre16
From:       Jim Woodward <jim () jim ! southcom ! com ! au>
Date:       1998-11-03 4:03:47

after testing this kernel I found that it crashed my system after 12
hours of uptime..
thats fair enough, its a pre-release kernel..

i found pre15 to be rocksolid as far as stability goes..

for the purposes of debugging im running:

Intel Pentium 166
Adaptec AVA-1515 SCSI2 controller. (using the aha152x driver)
PCPartner VX motherboard - 64meg EDO RAM
Creative ViBRA 16 PnP (using the SB16 driver with isapnptools)
DSE 2 port 16C650 serial card (on IRQ's 7 and 9) (using setserial)
RealTek PCI NE2000 clone (RTL 8029) (using PCI NE2000 driver)
S3 ViRGE/DX 2meg PCI video.

other hardware (if relivant)
Quantum 4.3gig Bigfoot CY (EIDE)
Connor 170meg HDD (IDE)
Seagate When Runner II (SCSI2)

the system log reports no such event of a kernel panic so there isnt much
to go on.

The system was running just about everything I usually ahve running
X-Windows 3.3.2 squid 2.1-PRE1
and Apache 1.3.2.

using pppd 2.3.5 binary with the kernels built in 2.2.0 code..

Anyone experainced problems with the 2.0.36-pre16 code?

Just thought i'd mention this incase anyone else experianced a crash.

after all, you cant have innovation without a few rocks on the road :)
and Alan Cox is doing a fabulous job with the kernel maintenance and
developments.

Regards, Jim.

   __            name: james woodward (jim)
   / . _  _     email: jim@jim.southcom.com.au, jim@woodward.southcom.com.au
(_/ / / \/ )      www: http://jim.southcom.com.au, http://www.mailbag.ml.org