List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Re: stability of NFS in 2.0.35?
From:       hans () grumbeer ! inka ! de (Hans-Joachim Baader)
Date:       1998-09-30 22:15:00

In article <90717314201@linux2.americasnet.com> you write:
>All systems will be running 2.0.35. I've used NFS a lot, but never as a
>full-time thing, and I've seen problems off and on, where one of
>portmapper/rpc.nfsd/rpc.mountd have died and thus I lost my NFS mount.
>
>Since the systems will rely on full-time use of NFS partition, I'm concerned
>about the reliability of it.

I haven't seen any of these disappear in the last months.
I guess you just should use the latest versions, and you'll
never see them die.

Of course it's wise to monitor these processes just in case,
so that an alarm is raised if one of these terminates.

hjb
--
"Every use of Linux is a proper use of Linux."
				-- John "Maddog" Hall, Keynote at the Linux

-