List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Re: [offtopic] Linus is on a powertrip..
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       1998-10-01 1:58:15

Montreal Wed Sep 30 21:51:32 1998

Tim Smith <tzs@tzs.net> wrote:
> > patches others could use it to see what people have submitted, and perhaps
> > Linus could check it to see if some things didn't make it to him.
>
> A newsgroup would be easier for Linus to check than email.

My guess (judging by the headers and such) is that Linus does actually
read linux-kernel as a newsgroup.  When people Cc: him, however, it
goes straight to his mailbox sometimes spamming him unnecessarily.

Navin

PS http://www.mutt.org/ for an awesome mailreader that does a
   brilliant job of managing threads.  Procmail does a fine job of
   getting rid of those doubles, too.

-