List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Re: SYSRQ accidents
From:       "Nicholas J. Leon" <nicholas () binary9 ! net>
Date:       1998-08-31 23:30:48

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Martin Mares wrote:

 # > I was much happier when SysRq-L didn't kill the system, and I could still sync
 # > and unmount the filesystems afterwards.
 #
 #    AFAIK, behaviour of SysRq-L did never change -- it doesn't kill the system, it
 # just kills all processes except for kernel threads and you can still sync and
 # unmount afterwards.

It doesn't work that way for me, at least 2.1.~112-118. If I SysRq-L, I
can't do ANYTHING else, including getting the menu of available SysRq keys
(by hitting something thats not allocated), syncing or unmounting.

Ie, SysRq-L  "L"ocks up my computer. Hard.

G'day!