List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Re: Binfmt java
From:       Richard Guenther <zxmpm11 () student ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1997-12-09 13:14:20

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, linux kernel account wrote:

> Might we want to make the binfmt_java config option help screen say why
> the binfmt java is obsolete, insted of not mentioning binfmt_misc and
> hoping the user will see it?

I will do so before 2.2 (AFACS Jan 98...) - but I'm very busy at the moment.
If someone wants to do this, Documentation/java.txt should be updated,
too. I thought of getting rid of CONFIG_BINFMT_JAVA, too, but as
binfmt_java is slightly smaller than binfmt_misc, someone could want
to use it though.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther@student.uni-tuebingen.de>
PGP: 2E829319 - 2F 83 FC 93 E9 E4 19 E2 93 7A 32 42 45 37 23 57