List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Joliet problem fixed
From:       Bas Mevissen <bas () tower ! slek ! nl>
Date:       1997-10-23 21:47:18

Hi Gordon,

The problem with the Joliet fs is fixed by your latest fat32-nls-joliet
patch-0.3.13. for kernel 2.1.59 So now, IMHO, the time has come to merge
this great stuff into the mainstream development kernel (and 2.0.32 :-) )
I like the reorganisation of the nls stuff to a seperate menu item very
much. menuconfig runs a lot quicker in the 'fs' menu item and it does look
very clean and proper now.

Linus, please merge the fat32/nls/joliet support in 2.1.60 ! Many people use
it and need it, because they use fat32 on their Win95 partitions and Joliet
for their CDROMs.

Gordon, please concentrate on bug-fixing (if any) and performance. I think
if someone can write uvfat support, many newbies can try Linux without going
to the trouble (for newbies) of repartitioning and formatting.

Well, I'm happy with the good stuff of Linux+FAT32,

Best Regards,

Bas.
E-mail: sgm@stack.nl, S.G.A.H.Mevissen@stud.tue.nl
PGP: Finger sgm@toad.stack.nl for PGP public key, KeyID 3B896721