List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Compiling a Kernel
From:       "Richard Sanford" <richard.sanford () utoronto ! ca>
Date:       1997-10-23 12:47:09

Has anyone compile the 2.0.27 kernel on a non PCI system. I have
tried, but system keep crashing after about a hour of compiling. If
anyone has done so. Con they email me there config.in file so that I
could go through it and see what configurations that I should not
include.

What we are tyring to setup
is a simple internet base linux system on
a Dell 486p/20 with 16megs of memory, 2.1 gig hard drive, and SMC
ethercard.

There are several compile kernels on the CD, and all there do is
cause the system to reboot and reboot, so on , and so on . . .

The only thing that seems to work, is booting from root/boot disks.
The command line "boot" I stall have to place the command to access
the CDrom.

Richard

Richard Sanford
Richard.Sanford@Utoronto.ca
Assistant Lan Admin.
Office of the Vice-provost and
Assistant Vice-President ( Planning and Budget )
27 King's College Circle Room 240
Toronto, Ontario
M5S 1A1