List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Re: one more small fix for 2.0.31
From:       Harald Koenig <koenig () tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1997-08-30 19:33:58

On Aug 30, Harald Koenig wrote:

> please test the program below for different Pentium CPUs to find out
> if it's only my PODP83 which does weird things with delay loop timing
> near page boundaries...

> begin 644 delay-test.tar.gz

whoever wants to run this small test program, please first edit
the C program and change the CPU_MHz settings according to your CPU
before compiling/running.

and please use the Makefile below instead that in the tar archive
of the first mail to get some more data files.

last not least I forgot to mention that you have to run this as root.
this is needed both to disable interrupts and to read the Pentium counters.

thanks,

Harald

begin 644 Makefile.gz
M'XL(`*I7"#0"`Y6130K",!"%U^84N4"JTZ5@-Q:D6)OB!8K4XJ;.@&T%;V\$
M762F/W&721[?O/?R&+#JFZ[OMOK:M)>7^0QQ=&\W;`9O)BX@KD"N<!>@5K>Z
MUN:IXT2[4T1#KU;1FF].N)=Q(0@AC`E)(FF"21)*$U245)R@HJ3BCZI84O\;
MZF]A-M8F/>5V?]SYI;HWXF5Q)BPR88D)RH=2F%.3VG-VF(>3<$QAE@/AW#J&
>6B]L665%E5M;SB]!D0!#$_RSPP5Y`_R],0NM`P``
`
end

--
All SCSI disks will from now on                     ___       _____
be required to send an email notice                0--,|    /OOOOOOO\