On 3/25/24 19:53, Andrew Morton wrote: > On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 14:32:58 +0800 Yajun Deng wro= te: > >> There are two types of iterators mas and vmi in the current code. If th= e >> maple tree comes from the mm structure, we can use the vma iterator. Av= oid >> using mas directly as possible. >> >> Keep using mas for the mt_detach tree, since it doesn't come from the m= m >> structure. >> >> Remove as many uses of mas as possible, but we will still have a few th= at >> must be passed through in unmap_vmas() and free_pgtables(). >> >> Also introduce vma_iter_reset, vma_iter_{prev, next}_range_limit and >> vma_iter_area_{lowest, highest} helper functions for using the vma >> interator. >> > > I assume Liam's earlier request still applies? > > : Helge, > : > : Yajun has changed code that affects parisc with this patch, which hasn= 't > : been tested. > : ... > : Can you make sure that the expand_upwards() still functions on parisc? Oh, I didn't noticed that request earlier. Anyway, I now tested this patch on top of 6.9-rc1, and the kernel still boots up nicely on parisc and as such expand_upwards() seem to work as bef= ore. So, you may add: Tested-by: Helge Deller # parisc Thanks! Helge