List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Re: Slow disks.
From:       Jaap Crezee <jaap () jcz ! nl>
Date:       2010-12-25 18:12:02

On 12/25/10 13:19, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Dec 2010, Rogier Wolff wrote:
> Read errors will use parity drive and be re-written by the md layer.

Can you show us *that* code? I don't recall seeing this behaviour.... Just one
read error and "bang". Or does the kernel not report the first few read errors
and just continues without telling us?
I don't like that. With a normal disk without raid I would have had some log
telling me the disk got bad?

Jaap