List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Re: WD doesn`t use disks with Linux - was Re: Re:Western Digital
From:       Pádraig_Brady <P () draigBrady ! com>
Date:       2008-05-16 9:35:03

I wrote a few notes about load cycles here:
http://www.pixelbeat.org/docs/hard_disk_reliability/

It's bad that the WD GreenPower doesn't support
`hdparm -B` setting its parameters, but I found I
didn't need to tweak these anyway.

I just got the distro to write less often to the drive
with the (rel)atime mount options. With that I got an
acceptable load cycle rate.

Pádraig.