On Sunday 27 April 2008 19:45, devzero@web.de wrote: > on a second system , my wd drive shows this values: > > 9 Power_On_Hours 0x0032 099 099 000 Old_age Always > - 853 > 193 Load_Cycle_Count 0x0032 170 170 000 Old_age Always > - 90960 > > absolutely scary..... > > meanwhile, i got wdidle3 from WD support and set it to 25secs (factory > support seems to be at 8 secs) - but still waiting for an answer if this > is a bug or not. > > i`m really wondering why support is so quiet here.... > anybody got a response from support about this? > [snip] I contacted WD support, asking for wdidle. They asked about my drive, and warned me that this application was meant for a specific drive and could damage others. I replied with information about my drives and never heard back. I repeated my request, without result. This mess combined with disappointing performance from a couple of WD Mybooks will certainly make me think twice before buying or recommending WD for the foreseeable future. //Niels -- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/