List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Patching / Merging tool
From:       Philippe Fremy <phil () freehackers ! org>
Date:       2005-04-23 9:27:04

	Hi

For years, I have been willing to write a good patching/merging tool. In
my understanding, the kernel is the most patching/merging demanding
project and now that bitkeeper is gone, there is a hole to be filled.

What would be the requirements for a good patching/merging tool in your
opinion ? What are the use cases ?

How much of integration is required with the SCM, git in the kernel case ?

I am not subscribed, so please CC: me any response.

	best regards,

	Philippe

-