List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Re: Suspend-to-disk woes
From:       Stefan Seyfried <seife () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-03-18 17:54:37

Erik Andrén wrote:

> My question is: Why isn't there a check before resuming a
> suspend-to-disk image if the system has booted another kernel since the
> suspend to prevent this kind of hassle?

Just provide a patch which does this. Hint: this is highly nontrivial.
If you boot a kernel, that does not know swsusp (and if it knew, it
would have invalidated the suspend image in the swap), or which does not
have the necessary information (because of a missing resume= parameter),
this kernel cannot do much.

Stefan

-