On Saturday, December 25, 2004 4:27 pm, Anton Blanchard wrote: > Hi, > > We have a patch to change pcibus_to_cpumask to pcibus_to_node. This makes > it more consistent with cpu_to_node, and when you want a cpumask you > use node_to_cpumask. Great! I think Matt Dobson said he was going to do something similar, but he got sidetracked (and iirc, ak also didn't like the idea). FWIW, I like it, with the caveat that the node returned from pcibus_to_node may not have any memory or CPUs associated with it. > A pci device has a local_cpus property: > > /sys/devices/pci000a:00/000a:00:02.6/local_cpus > > A pci_bus has a cpuaffinity property: > > /sys/class/pci_bus/000d:d8/cpuaffinity I don't know how these two got different names... > A node has a cpumap property: > > /sys/devices/system/node/node3/cpumap > > Can we standardize on a single property name for this? :) Seems like nodes should have a cpumap and PCI busses should have a node. > Furthermore, looking at node linkages: > > A node has symlinks to cpus: > > /sys/devices/system/node/node0/cpu0 -> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0 > > But doesnt have symlinks to pci devices. Yep, this would be nice to have. Jesse - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/