List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Re: Multi-threaded gdb
From:       Michael Kujawa <kujawa () cs ! ucf ! edu>
Date:       1997-03-31 16:07:24

E. Kevin Hall wrote:

> I was speaking with an aquaintance who informed me that the linux
> port of what might be considered a landmark commerical application
> for linux is hanging on whether he can get the code ported from
> win32s. This of course, requires a debugger(gdb) that can handle

  If your aquaintance really meant win32*S*, then threading shouldn't be a
problem as win32s doesn't support threads.

  If he really does need to use windows style threads beware: win32 has a
much richer API for working with threads than Linux-Threads (pthreads).

 -Mike                    __o  __o                UCF Programming Team
 kujawa@cs.ucf.edu    UCF \/\) \/\) CREW    1st in the South-East, 7th in USA
                           \    \