List:       linux-kernel
Subject:    Re: 2.5 merge candidate list, final version.  (End of "crunch time" series.)
From:       Nikita Danilov <Nikita () Namesys ! COM>
Date:       2002-10-28 16:55:23

Rob Landley writes:
 > Hi Linus.
 >
 > This list is the result of a week of scouring linux-kernel and posting
 > more or less daily versions soliciting feedback from everybody seriously
 > trying to get a patch into 2.5.  This is the ninth and final posting of
 > this list.
 >
 > Previous versions, and the discussion they spawned, were here:
 > 1.0) http://lists.insecure.org/lists/linux-kernel/2002/Oct/7006.html
 > 1.1) http://lists.insecure.org/lists/linux-kernel/2002/Oct/7051.html
 > 1.2) http://lists.insecure.org/lists/linux-kernel/2002/Oct/7363.html
 > 1.3) http://lists.insecure.org/lists/linux-kernel/2002/Oct/7452.html
 > 1.4) http://lists.insecure.org/lists/linux-kernel/2002/Oct/7827.html
 > 1.5) http://lists.insecure.org/lists/linux-kernel/2002/Oct/8174.html

[...]

 > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/patches/Hotcpu/hotcpu-cpudown.patch.gz

 > 30) Reiser4.
 >
 > I don't have a patch yet, but Hans Reiser is very insistent that this
 > will be ready by halloween.  (VERY insistent.)  I'll let him speak for
 > himself:
 > http://lists.insecure.org/lists/linux-kernel/2002/Oct/8793.html
 >
 > And again (promises, promises):
 > http://lists.insecure.org/lists/linux-kernel/2002/Oct/9082.html
 >
 > Still no patch at the time of this writing, though.  In theory it
 > should show up here:
 > http://namesys.com/download.html

Snapshot is available at http://www.namesys.com/snapshots/:

reiser4 proper:
http://www.namesys.com/snapshots/reiser4-2002.10.24.tar.gz

necessary changes to the core kernel, plus some UML patches, plus some
patches for debugging:
http://www.namesys.com/snapshots/reiser4-core-2002.10.24.diff

utils:
http://www.namesys.com/snapshots/reiser4progs-2002.10.24.tar.gz

I shall produce newer snapshot to-morrow.

It does work, but code is not production quality yet. Do *NOT* put
anything close to critical data on it.

 > Or perhaps here:
 > ftp://ftp.lugoj.org/pub/reiserfs/devlinux.com/pub/namesys/reiserfs-for-2.5
 >
 > In the meantime, all I can find on Reiser4 is some kind of hybrid
 > marketing brochure/design document thing:
 > http://www.reiserfs.org/v4/v4.html
 >
 > Did I mention Hans was insistent?  The man can make puppy eyes through email.
 > It's quite impressive.

Works without email too. :-)

 > --
 > http://penguicon.sf.net - Terry Pratchett, Eric Raymond, Pete Abrams, Illiad,
 > CmdrTaco, liquid nitrogen ice cream, and caffienated jello.  Well why not?

Nikita.

-