List:       linux-java
Subject:    Drag & Drop problems
From:       norm () dad ! org
Date:       2001-06-13 1:11:56

I am trying to learn how to do Java Drag and Drops.  I started by trying the
example in ...Tutorial/dnd/sheetal.html, "A Drag and Drop Example by Sheetal
Gupta".

Running under Linux, the effect is to permanently "grab" the mouse and keyboard
freezing X.  I have tried this under two different window managers.

I wonder if this is a problem with the Drag and Drop under jdk-1_2_2, my X,
something stupid I am doing, or what?

Thanks, as they say, in advance,

Environment:

  Red Hat Linux release 6.2 (Piglet)
  VA Linux release 6.2.3 07/28/00 b1.1  P2
  Kernel 2.2.14-VA.5.1smp on a 2-processor i686

  jikes: Version 1.14 - 13 May 2001
  jdk: Sun's jdk-1_2_2_008

    Norman Shapiro
    798 Barron Avenue