List:       linux-java
Subject:    Re: Java App placement in Gnome
From:       peter johnson <peter.j.johnson () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2000-01-27 15:34:00

ALT-TAB will switch between windows on fvwm and fvwm-95, maybe with other
window managers also.  Window.toFront() will move a window to the foreground
and get the focus; Component.requestFocus() should make a component active,
although I've found this doesn't work sometimes, particularly if the
component is in a Window, rather than a Frame.