List:       linux-java
Subject:    Re: Still vexed, JNI + Motif in 1.2 JDK
From:       Juergen Kreileder <kreilede () issan ! cs ! uni-dortmund ! de>
Date:       1999-11-30 0:16:42

    Greg> The 1.1.7 model (where Motif was resolved by java, javac,
    Greg> etc) worked with no problems.  But I've tried everything
    Greg> (except for building my own JDK from Sun sources and
    Greg> Blackdown diffs) and I'm convinced there is no way I can do
    Greg> this given the current distribution.

    Greg> Thanks for any ideas - I have a bug report filed on the
    Greg> Blackdown pages but I think it may be a while before the
    Greg> Incoming pile gets small enough for it to get noticed.
    Greg> (1437 is the number).

The way things work now is what most Invocation API programmers want.
I've seen your bug report and there surely is a need for a dynamically
linked libawt.  It's on my TODO list but it has low priority
currently.

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Porting Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html