List:       linux-java
Subject:    Re:jdk bug (nested memory levels)?
From:       Robert Krueger <krueger () signal7 ! de>
Date:       1999-11-28 12:38:46

Kevin Hendricks wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > OUCH: nested memory code, to 1 levels.
>
> This is an error message that basically says the locks we placed around our own
> malloc functions to make them green_thread safe were *not* effective.

> I am not sure how to debug this problem.  Is there any way you could track down
> the sequence of events that causes this and give us a small sample program to
> test with.

the problem is that it's a rather complicated application server setup (servlet
accessing ejb accessing oracle db) that causes this to happen. we'll try to find a
smaller sample so that you can reproduce this.

> Thanks,
>
> p.s. there is a new jdk 1.2.2 with real working native threads out right now
> (jdk 1.2.2 rc2).  It should not exhibit this problem under native threads (but
> probably will under green_threads).   You may want to give it a try.

it happens with both, the old and the new version of the jdk with native and green
threads, which seems kind of strange. is there any other lib apart from libc that
we should check for the right version? What about the kernel? We're using 2.2.1
with smp. Are there any known issues with that? Another thing, we installed glibc
2.1.2 () in usr/local/lib in addition to our standard libc (2.1.1) and set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running the new jdk binaries. is there something wrong with
that?

Thanks

p.s.: attached is the output of an ldconfig -D

--
(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH

["ldconfig.out.gz" (application/x-gzip)]