List:       linux-java
Subject:    Re: Hatred of 1.2 messages
From:       Gerald Gutierrez <gutier () intergate ! bc ! ca>
Date:       1999-02-27 8:07:58

At 08:45 AM 2/26/99 -0800, you wrote:
>    GG> Then the web page is only providing most potential users with
>    GG> a table full of colors and very little information for which
>    GG> they then look on the mailing list.
>
>I disagree, having that page with the table that shows the progress is
>quite valuable for me and other people in my company (borland.com). We
>licenced the JDK long ago and we have knowledge of what's in
>it. Seeing what remains to be tested with JCK gives us an idea of the
>progress done.

Unfortunately those, such as yourself, who understand and care about what's
involved only constitute the minority .. the "java-elite". I know many
programming gurus at Motorola where I work that can't care less what JCK
tests java-linux has passed. They simply a) expect it to work when its
released and b) want to know when it'll be released. I find the same
attitude amongst all those whom I know that care about java-linux.