List:       linux-java
Subject:    Update: Copyright of Beautifier - a fast, small and FREE automatic indenter for java  source files
From:       "Tal Davidson" <tald () md2 ! huji ! ac ! il>
Date:       1998-07-28 16:09:49

To Jerry and Java-linux users everywhere!

I have updated the copyright to Beautifier a little so that others don't
amusingly misinterpret it has Jerry has.
Beautifier's url is http://www.bigfoot.com/~davidsont/beautifier
Beautifier's updated copyright can be found at
http://www.bigfoot.com/~davidsont/beautifier/copyright.html

The idea behind Beautifier's copyright is simply to be MUCH less restrictive
than GPL while still helping open-source software.

Moreover, ONLY copies and modifications of Beautifier must be under some
derivative of its copyright (as stated in the copyright). Software that
makes use of Beautifier by calling a Beautifier object from within its code
ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT have to be under Beautifier's copyright, it just has to
pass a FREE copy of Beautifier to whoever uses the software, so the user can
too enjoy Beautifier.

Still, if any Open-Source software creator feels that this is too
restrictive, its creator can feel free to contact me for special
authorization of use under his own copyright.

Please write me for any comments, bugs or suggesments for improvement!

Enjoy!
Tal Davidson