List:       linux-java
Subject:    Re: Same Code of Locales On Linux
From:       Matt Avery <mavery () einnovation ! com>
Date:       2003-03-20 16:27:09

Muhammad,

Other objects requiring a Local will pick up a default locale if it
isn't supplied.  On Unix systems you can set the default Locale that
Java will use by setting some environment variables.  Type "locale" at
he command line to see the value of these variables.

Otherwise I have had consistent behavior with the Locale object, no
changes required, although I am developing on Linux and deploying to
Solaris.

Muhammad Asif wrote:
> Hi,
> i have not much exp. with Linux.
>
> I have developed an Web application using JSP/Servlets which uses
> Locales dynamically according to user selected language. I need to know
> will same app work on linux without any code change and Locale accessed
> in windows will be available on Linux as well?
> Client can view multilingual data in browser same as on Windows?

Matthew Avery
Senior Developer
(513) 470-5316
http://www.einnovation.com/
eInnovation, Inc., located in the heart of the midwest, invents and
promotes eBusiness software that moves business technology to open
standards.