List:       linux-isp
Subject:    Unidentified subject!
From:       Jim Elsenbeck <elsenbeck () mindspring ! com>
Date:       1999-11-05 14:12:41

I have a Linux box currently dialing into my 5300 with only
one dedicated IP (using NAT for local computers).  I want to
change my setup so that the local computers all get routable
IPs.  I'm not sure what to do.

For ex.:  my dial box receives a routable IP that gets
assigned to PPP.  My eth0 is unroutable, and I use ipfwadm
to pass the unroutable to the PPP.  Several boxes on the eth0
wire all have unroutable IPs in the same network, and use the
eth0 address as the gateway.  It all works well except with
some programs (games).  So I want to try to try to pass a
subnet of IPs to the PPP interface, and then use those IPs
for all the local machines.  And I'm confused.

This is similiar to (future) business customers that will
want me to provide multiple IPs.  So I'm trying to learn how
now.

All help is greatly appreciated!