List:       linux-isp
Subject:    Denial Of Service Attack ?!?
From:       Robert Canary <rwcanary () ohiocounty ! net>
Date:       1999-03-16 11:17:17

See previous posting:  System Integrity Violation

Hi,

Okay,  I have been hit real hard.   The servers are still running but I
had to kill my secondary DNS.  The Term server is limping along.  I only
have 7 modems left out 20.  The other fourteen answer but as soon as it
establishes connection it drops the connection.

I got hit by a F_#$&% AS_*&%$# in Boston, MA from uu.net (Mar 15, 1999 @
17:49 CDT)
Name:    1Cust96.tnt13.bos2.da.uu.net
Address:  208.254.160.96

Obviously I will have to take a finical hit here and drop out the
servers altogether for a rebuild.   The crock of it is I am paying out
the wazoo now as I am nursing this new service up to market potential,
while still holding my day job.  But just what could they have done?
(well I mean how?)  Is there some way of learning from this as to what
they might have replaced or altered?

thanks in advance :-)
--
robert