List:       linux-ipsec
Subject:    Re: Memory leak in <=1.8 (was Re: 1.9 slips)
From:       Lars Heete <hel () admin ! de>
Date:       2001-03-30 8:55:50

Hello,

On Friday 30 March 2001 01:43, Henry Spencer wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:
> > Survived?  Fix checked in.  Snapshot expected within an hour.  Please
> > test.  Henry, this affects only klips/net/ipsec/pfkey_v2_parser.c.
>
> Unfortunately, a quick test (fitting this into 1.9, plus a few other
> current files to deal with dependencies) indicates that the leak is still
> there.

Looking at pfkey_v2_parser my observation is, that extr.tdb allocated in
pfkey_msg_interp doesn't get freed in many cases. Many parse functions don't care
about extr.tdb, and pfkey_msg_interp doesn't free it either.
What about implementing some reference-counting of resources like tdbs, eroutes
etc. This could also be used to move the tdb_lock into gettdb and puttdb.

Regards,
Lars Heete