List:       linux-ipsec
Subject:    [Users] some questions
From:       "Micha Borrmann" <mborrmann () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-10-31 21:03:44

Hello.
I'm completely new to vpn, so i hope somebody here can help me.

I want to  realize a vpn between some windows (perhaps even linux) clients
and an ethernet of different unix/linux  machines (this network is behind a
firewall, which i can configure to let the vpn protocols pass). The clients
do have a dial-up connection to the internet, their ip adresses are
dynamically assigned. i want to use a linux machine as gateway to the
unix-network.
The intention is, that the logged-in clients get logically behind the
firewall, and even get the same domain. Also the different clients should
have acces to a shell, with permissions dependent from the login. Can I
assign the clients everytime they log in a unique virtual ip address, which
they can be adressed with?

I thought of using the frees/wan server and the client "sentinel" from
ssh.com. Is this possible? Especially can I distinguish the different
roadwarriors and then give them different permissions?
Can i view the machines in my windows network environment using sentinel?

Thanks in advance, Micha.