List:       linux-ipchains-dev
Subject:    [ipchains-dev] Re: New netfilter snapshot
From:       Jerome de Vivie <devivie () info ! enserb ! u-bordeaux ! fr>
Date:       1999-05-03 14:48:41

Hi Rusty,

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Paul Rusty Russell wrote:

> I changed ENOLINK to EMLINK ("Too many links") though.

Ok, seem more accurate.

> > 	* iptables.c (for_each_chain): bug correction
> > 	(delete_chain): move check built-in to lipiptc
>
> I took a different approach here: I didn't make delete_chain use
> for_each_chain at all.  I think you'll agree that it's neater.

Yes !

> Anyway, you left a `return ret' in there 8-).

Oops...

Since your mail about get/setsockopt; I knew you care about size ! Some
headers could be optimized for hooks allocations:

in <linux/socket.h>:

#define AF_MAX	AF_IRDA  (instead of 32)

in <linux/net.h>:

#define NPROTO	AF_MAX

and
  int   (*getsockopt)   (struct socket *sock, int level, int optname,
                         const char *optval, int *optlen);

instead of:
  int   (*getsockopt)   (struct socket *sock, int level, int optname,
                         char *optval, int *optlen);

PS: Are you always well-behaved with Merycki ? ;)

j.

--
Jerome de Vivie -- ENSERB dept info, //

www.rustcorp.com - web site